AC/Furnace Maintenance for Your Family From Mooresville to Lake Norman and More!
With proper, professional maintenance and care, your home HVAC equipment should give you many years of faithful, worry-free service. Because many later-model heating and cooling systems’ warranties are void if the end consumer undertakes certain maintenance actions, you should always have your home’s AC and furnace inspected and serviced by qualified professionals. At Peace Heating And Air Conditioning and Heating, our HVAC technicians undergo thorough background checks, extensive training and certification, and have hands-on experience and detailed knowledge of HVAC installation, inspection, maintenance and repair, helping you keep your family safe and comfortable even in the wildest weather!
Residential HVAC Services
New Air Conditioners
Professional AC Maintenance
When Should I Have My Lake Norman Heating and Air Conditioning Inspected?
It’s generally a good idea to have your home’s HVAC system inspected and serviced twice a year:
- AC inspection and maintenance in the spring, before the temperatures get too hot
- Furnace inspection and maintenance in the fall, before the cold weather really gets its teeth in
Need Carolinas AC Experts?
A typical inspection will consist of:
- Checking and replacing the air filters for the system
- Checking for and diagnosing any unusual sounds or smells from the unit
- Checking for and repairing cracks or holes in the ductwork, standing water around the unit and locating and replacing any failing parts
- Clearing the condensate drains of dust, insects, algae and other blockages, and treating them so the blockage is less likely to recur
- Checking and adjusting thermostat calibration and function
- Replenishing refrigerant in the AC system
Depending upon the type of inspection and unit you have, there may also be other items. Our technicians will be glad to go through the checklist for your specific model and unique needs, identify any deficiencies and if necessary, give you the information you need to decide whether HVAC repair or heating and cooling replacement would be the better option for you, your family and your budget.
To get the maximum life and performance from your home heating and cooling units, following these simple steps can also be helpful:
Outdoor Heating and Cooling Inspection Prep and Maintenance
- If you have an outside unit, such as central AC or a swamp cooler, check around it for debris, leaves and other detritus and clear this away.
- Look at the unit’s base pan. If you see any signs of drain hole obstruction, clear this away and make a note of it.
- Check the coil and the exterior of the cabinet for any signs of leaks or holes. If you see one, make a note of where it was and the type of hole you found.
- Check the fan blades, both while moving and stationary, for indications of damage and wear such as cracking, warping, wobbling or uneven motion or unusual sound.
- Check the unit’s control box and clean away any dust or debris from it.
Indoor HVAC Inspection Prep and Maintenance
- Check and clean/replace the filters as appropriate for your system. Look for signs of damage such as holes or tears in the filter and save the damaged filter so the technician can examine it as well. Do not put damaged filters back into the unit! This can lead to unusual system wear and tear or damage.
- Look for drafts caused by leaks or holes in your home’s ductwork.
- If you smell unusual odors when starting the system, make a note of them. If you smell rotten eggs, you may have a gas leak and should treat this as an emergency. Notify the technician, the fire department and your area’s natural gas provider as soon as possible!
- Listen for unusual sounds or noises which are abnormally loud when starting or running the system.
- Check the connections and wiring in your unit’s control box. If you find connections which appear loose or faulty, do not attempt to repair them yourself. Note the location of the connections and how you determined they were loose.
These steps will help the inspection go more quickly, and help you help our technicians deliver a quality inspection and maintenance visit with less guesswork and increased safety.
For more information on how Peace Heating And Air Conditioning can save you and your family time, money and discomfort, call, click, or come by one of our Lake Norman metro area locations today!