Commercial Air Conditioning Repair From a Name Lake Norman Knows and Trusts
A properly functioning air conditioning system is integral to the success of your business, promoting a safe and comfortable working environment, greater productivity and a better overall customer experience. If your commercial AC isn’t functioning the way it should, you don’t have to sweat it out. Peace Heating And Air Conditioning can get your commercial HVAC back up to optimum function fast, so you can offer your staff and clients the welcoming environment they expect! We proudly offer commercial HVAC services including:
Commercial HVAC Services
Commercial AC Maintenance
Need Carolinas AC Experts?
Is Commercial AC Repair Service Required?
Sometimes, despite the most rigorous maintenance, air conditioning systems can fail for a number of reasons. Often, the signs of failing or broken HVAC systems are obvious. A few of the more self-evident indications of a problem include:
- The AC unit doesn’t turn on.
- You detect unusual or excessive noise or vibration during AC startup and/or operation.
- You hear the AC unit running, but you don’t feel air blowing, which may indicate a fan failure.
- You can hear the fan running, but the compressor doesn’t work.
- The air conditioner system blows unexpected warm air.
- You notice water standing or pooling around the AC unit.
Peace Heating And Air Conditioning has experience taking on the most drastic commercial AC problems:
- No power: Tripped breakers, faulty wiring or an overheated system can cause your air conditioner unit to cut the power as a protective measure. Our technicians diagnose and correct the reasons for these failures to prevent them from happening again, keeping your AC unit running smoothly and efficiently.
- Old or worn fan belt: If you hear a squealing sound from the unit, this suggests a fan belt which is stretched or worn beyond its useful service lifespan. If the belt breaks, this will likely result in expensive repairs as parts which require the belt to function wear themselves out trying to compensate for the loss of the belt. Worn-out fan belts are usually easy to replace but need to be addressed quickly by qualified personnel to ensure your AC systems keep working properly.
- Refrigerant leak: If you hear sustained hissing from inside the unit, this typically suggests a refrigerant leak, which is bad for both system efficiency and the environment. Your commercial AC technician will fix the leak and recharge your system with fresh refrigerant.
- Frozen evaporator coil: If you feel warm air coming from the vents, this suggests a frozen evaporator coil. Coils can freeze due to low refrigerant levels, poor air or coolant circulation, continuous or improper operation, or other causes. The technician will identify the cause and make the necessary repairs to fix the problem.
- Defective fan motor: The fan keeps air circulating throughout your location. If the fan motor goes out, it’s urgent to fix or replace it quickly, before it can impact other subsystems within the unit.
- Failing compressor: If you notice the fan running but the air from the vent system feels warmer than it should, this may indicate the compressor has failed or is failing. The compressor is one of the more expensive elements of the AC system, and depending on the cause of failure, you may wish to consider replacement over repair. Your technician will be able to diagnose the cause of the problem and help you evaluate which option will be best for the specific situation.
- Clogged or obstructed condensate drain: Over time, foreign matter such as dirt, debris, insects and algae can build up in the condensate drain, which may lead to leaks and ultimately water damage when condensation in the system seeks another way out. Your technician can flush the unit’s drain system and prevent future blockages in the drain by applying algaecide.
Avoid Emergency AC Repairs with Proactive AC Maintenance
Proper annual inspection and maintenance can help prevent common causes of commercial AC system failure by catching signs and symptoms early. It’s best to perform maintenance in the spring, so the system is ready for the demands of the summer. Preventative maintenance can also help you by:
- Saving money on your energy bills by ensuring the system is operating at peak efficiency.
- Your business will be a more comfortable and welcoming place. A well-maintained system delivers more even temperatures across the space.
- It’s better for the environment. Reduced power consumption due to equipment operating at peak efficiency helps maintain a healthier environment for us all without compromising comfort.
For more information on how Peace Heating And Air Conditioning can save you and your company time, money and discomfort, call, click, or come by one of our Lake Norman metro area locations today!
Table of Contents